Sunday 30 June 2013

Drawing And Painting Together At Last

Angry Water
Acrylic On Canvas
18 x 14"




Fountain 2
Graphite On Paper
16.5 x 11.75

More Luck Than Hard Work
Graphite On Paper
16.5 x 11.75"
     For a few years now I have been trying to find a way of making my drawings recognisable next to my paintings in a unified style. This has proven to be quite a challenge as dry and wet mediums have very different properties and I have often felt the freedom of painting is lost with drawing. Of course this was before I discovered water-soluble graphite. This has freed my drawings up and I am now able to place marks down with the same freedom as I would have with a brush. This hybrid approach suits me fine as I can work in a both painterly and direct manner on the paper. So more drawings to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment