Monday 31 March 2014

Lassie

Lassie
Acrylic On Canvas
18 x 14"
      I was given an old photo of Lassie and asked to create this painting for my Grandfathers birthday. I'm used to painting buildings and other hard body things so painting fur was quite a challenge. This I believe has turned out to be one of my better paintings and just goes to show you what can be achieved when you challenge yourself and work hard.
     I never imagined I could create a portrait painting of this quality before I attempted it but I'm glad a got the opportunity to prove myself. It helped to show me just how well my technical skills have improved in the last few years. It also confirmed to me how versatile my painting method is in creating a variety of images and elements which Is what I have always strived for.

No comments:

Post a Comment