Saturday 27 April 2013

Rejection

Waning Influence
Acrylic On Canvas
16 x 12"
     This painting was entered into the Ferens art gallery open exhibition in Hull. Circumstances meant I could only enter one and unfortunately it was rejected. This is the first time I have had a rejected piece of art that wasn't entered with others. 'Three Spirits' was rejected too but the other paintings I entered got in so it didn't matter.
     Anyway this led to a lot of reflecting on my technique and what I considered to be a good painting. So it was really a positive thing and helped my identify my weaknesses and areas I could improve on. It always feels very personal when your artwork that you put so much effort into gets rejected but you have to use these things to your advantage and come back swinging.

No comments:

Post a Comment