Friday 29 August 2014

Resting Belly Dancer

Resting Belly Dancer
Papercutting
10.9 x 9.9"
     I've been meaning to make some pictures featuring belly dancers for a while now. It's one of the few things I love that I don't actually do myself. Being male it's a world I feel I can only view from the outside but never be  apart of. If only things were different. So instead I will try to show the beauty of it the only way I know how, Through art.
     The drawing for this is from a life drawing class but I added the dancer gear. It was originally supposed to be a wood block print and although I have it ready I haven't got around to printing it yet. In the meantime I thought it would be ideal for making a papercutting, after all artists across the centuries have made the same image in different mediums. This may be something I do for my other works. So here it is and look out for the print in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment