Monday 1 September 2014

I Can't Remember The Last Time I Had This Much Fun

I Can't Remember The Last Time I Had This Much Fun
Acrylic On Canvas Paper
16 x 20"
    As promised, my third painting on the theme of videogames. This one has more in common with 'I Used To Be An Adventurer Like You'. I am planning on entering all three into an exhibition on videogames and fine art called PLAY!. PLAY! is an open-call exhibition featuring artwork based on video games. The exhibition will be held at Access Space, Sheffield, from 3rd – 31st October 2014.
     On the subject of still life, I really like the change of pace from my normal work on painting buildings and interesting architecture. With still life I can arrange a collection of objects in such a way that it tells a story and helps me communicate an idea. I hope I get into this exhibition with these pieces as I worked hard on them and I think they are a good fit. Well It's not up to me so all I can do is wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment